Image Map

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Website Wednesday - Probability

Ahhhh probability. You are the dark cloud in my mathematics sky. Its one of the topics that doesn't need much attention...but it does as it is such an abstract concept for our kids to grasp.


In NSW, Australia where I teach, Year 2 Probability (Chance) is mainly about the language of chance - such as certain, impossible, even chance etc. But I like to take it a little bit further to prepare them for Year 3. I don't actually explicitly teach the probability of things (eg probability of a green ball getting picked form a bag that has 1 green and 3 blue). I just let them explore through play.


This is where this website ROCKS!!!!


Check out the screen shots of the different parts of the game, each exploring chance and probability






Enjoy :) Please let me know what you would like to see next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment