Image Map

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Interactive Whiteboard fever! and a FREEBIE



Now I am not new to the world of IWB. There has only been one year (my first) of my teaching career that I have not had one of these babies in my classroom and I know how lucky that sounds.


At my current school, I had one installed in the first 6 months I was there and it has changed my teaching totally (as Im sure you will agree). If the technology is not rocking though....dont bother knocking - cause I am probably muttering curses under my breath at everything from the projector to the pen to the whole system.


In my current classroom though, the board has been anything less than satisfactory. The projector has been so bad that for my kids to see what is on the board, we have to turn all the lights off and close all the blinds on the windows. But then you have the problem of kids straining eyes to see what they are writing etc etc.


So you can imagine how pumped I was when on Thursday afternoon, I was pulled aside and was asked if I minded moving out of the classroom for a bit on Friday. Why? I asked. Your new board is going in tomorrow was the reply. I happily replied I would work on the oval all day if necessary.


So in it went. It is a cool new Panaboard with the facility to have 3 people touching it at once! Pretty cool. I know my kiddos are going to love it :) And maybe I can stop cursing at the pen.

So to celebrate my new board, I am happy to share with you one of my Notebook lessons for multiplication - Making Arrays. It is in Smart Notebook format and you can grab it from TPT for FREE





3 comments:

  1. I want a board like this!!!!
    PS I'm having giveaway and I'd love for you to join!
    Blessings,

    Jessica Stanford
    Mrs. Stanford's Class Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wish I had a board like that in my classroom. Maybe one day... :) Thanks for the freebie!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, lucky you! It’s a good thing that faulty IWB was replaced! I think your new one is going to be pretty fun in the classroom since it can handle up to three people working with it. With these kinds of new technology, there’s no end to the evolutionary possibilities of classroom teaching. Hopefully these technological developments will help kids become and stay more interested inside the classroom.

    ReplyDelete