Image Map

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Don't be good...Be GREAT!

This is the quote that came to mind when I was talking to a parent this afternoon about her sons less than perfect behaviour. This kid just could NOT get it together today. After saying his name close to 50 million times...well it might have been closer to 100, I told him to go to the class next door for a time out (agree with me or not, we both needed a break from me saying his name!) Anyway my idea for mum was a little piece of cardboard. It would stay in his bag and at end of each day, he would bring it to me for a stamp if his behaviour was in the class rule boundries. Bad behaviour = no stamp. Then he would show his parents each night. Too many missed stamps in a row (because lets face it, we all have bad days and we need to take baby steps) would be a phone call home.

So here is the little card. Its black and white so its easy to copy. If you can find another use for it in the class, great :)

The fonts are from Jen Jones and the border from Mel of From the Pond

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes a break not only good for the student and teacher but also for the rest of the class! A great strategy to get Mum and Dad involved.
    Tania
    Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the chart! It was just what I was looking for! :)

    Mom of 1

    ReplyDelete