Image Map

Friday, November 15, 2013

Clip It - Medial Vowel Sounds

As we approach the end of the year, I am looking for things to make sure my Kinders understand before they move on to Year 1 (eeek!).

Medial vowel identification is something they are still needing a bit of practice with so this little pack was born.


My tester is still keen to try out my things even though SHE is nearly in Year 1 too (whole kind of different eeeeek!) Similar to my beginning and end sounds clip it packs, all you need to add in is some clothes pegs and the activity to good to go!

Here you see the cards that I had printed and laminated (I have included a B&W version too in case color printing isnt for you). The words the pictures represent are a mixture of CVC, CVCC,CCVC and CCVCC. 

Say the word that the picture represents and clip the medial vowel sound!

Miss M was saying it, and pointing to the vowel before the made a decision.
Some cards close up - the pack has some beautiful clip art from Graphics From the Pond and Pink Cat Studio.
I included three recording sheets - 2 of them are like the one above where there is a picture provided and the students write the medial vowel that they can hear next to the picture.

The other alternative is another way to extend your students or add some extra accountability to the activity where they need to draw the picture card that they have chosen, and then write the medial vowel.

It is also available with my Initial and Ending Sounds Clip It pack for a bit of a discount. Click the pic below to go there


I would love to give one away. Just tell me what you would use it for. I will chose a winner when I get up tomorrow (about 15 hours time). Don't forget your email!!

Otherwise click on any picture to go and grab it in my TPT store

8 comments:

  1. How fun and engaging! I would use it as a center for my little ones to reinforce their sounds and letters!

    rachelmd93@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute and kids will love them
    Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would use these for my intervention groups ego need LOTS of practice with beginning sounds! :-)

    Karyn
    Kideducator@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great for my struggling students and my RTI groups. I would love to win a copy, thanks.
    foxysexyroxy10@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brooke,
    Like you, some of my Preppies need some more practise identifying that tricky medial vowel sound before they move on to Year 1 - so win or buy I am going to use this pack int he coming week during reading groups. My kidlets already love your beginning/ending sounds clip pack. :)

    Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you Lauren! Miss M picked 5 as her number. Will be sending you the pack today!

      Delete
  6. I would love this for my son!

    cheriemae@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you have a little tester with everything you make!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete