Image Map

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Currently April!!!

Forgive me bloggers for I have not blogged.

Life has been somewhat hectic.

It started with me moving from Kindergarten up to Year 5/6 at the beginning of the year - which was a massive mind adjustment.

Then we moved out of our house and knocked it down - very emotional.

Then I applied for a new job - at a different school - and was successful!!!!! - which was awesome.

But then I got extremely unwell and ended up in the hospital on an antibiotic drip, to which I had an allergic reaction, which resulted in 6 doctor visits and 1 hospital visit in under 2 weeks.

I couldnt even start my new job on the agreed date - I had 3 days off school which has NEVER happened.

But now I am there and learning the ropes - will blog about this another time.

Anyway, on to CURRENTLY with Farley

Listening - we are having some family to hang out today on Good Friday. I might get a jump on eating Easter Eggs too

Loving- after what has been going on with me, I am so thankful for 2 weeks break! I am planning some things with my kids and some R&R time for myself.

Thinking - my new school and new job are very very different to my old school. My teaching is one of a mentor to the Year One and Two teachers and is not a teaching position. I have brought home a lot of stuff to read through so I can hit the ground running for Term 2.

Wanting - My poor pup had to have exploratory surgery on her paw this week and she looks a little sad. It seems to have done the trick thought as she is beginning to walk normally. But vets are SOOOOO expensive! I dont even want to think about how many hundreds of dollars it has cost.

Needing - holidays for me usually means haircut, mani and pedi etc. Its the only time I am not rushing and get to enjoy it. Who doesnt love someone else washing your hair (its totally my favourite part of a haircut)

My blog name - no hidden meanings but considering a bit of a blog makeover - what do you think?

5 comments:

  1. Wow! What a hectic start to your school year! I hope you truly enjoy your 2 weeks off! Take some time to veg out! :) Excited to hear about your new position and what you get to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why does life throw us so many challenges all at once!? Hoping life gets a bit smoother for you this term. Your new school is so lucky to have you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky to have a two week break!!! I love working with beginning teachers!! They are so excited and eager to try new ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always loved your blog name Brooke! There are so many teachable moments on a daily basis that it links to so much of life!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your pup is feeling a bit better. I agree, vets are not cheap, but we will pay them anything to make our fur babies feel better.
    Enjoy your break! I am going back tomorrow for my last round (quarter 4).
    Tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete